Tuesday 17 April 2012

The Official Soundtrack and More

So, I'm busy thinking about how I should get back in touch with my inner-poet and this just came out of nowhere. It's meant as a spoken word poem so how it looks/sounds written down might be different to how I perform it but you get the idea.


We're only psychedelic,
entwined at both the ends,
a swirling folk-a-delic
and my baby caught the bends,

We're only here in slumber,
only in the night,
half the conversation,
not a single bed in sight,

We're only just a memory,
falling through the flow,
there's a feeling here so grasp it
try and find the sky below,


They say we only have one life, and I know that's it's a cliché,
but I've danced upon the knife, to try and keep the hounds at bay,
tried to tell the wandering hands of love and of hate to go away,
but,

We only have one life,
and the jaded voices of our parents can't change the world we live in,
though they try to shed some light,

So let's drop the acid of our chemistry,
and forget the brutal way in which our life is under scrutiny,
not forget that life is just a game to play, try to just be true to me,
because the things that I will do and see, won't matter when I'm gone,

except of course the wars we fight, the way we're dropping bombs,

and if time has taught us anything,
it's that dead and gone means dead and gone,
not three days gone then resurrected because some pompous prick objected to Adam and Steve,
and the lives they lead,
because joy is a sin and we need to bleed,

and,

forgive the extended metaphor,
but life is so much more,
than the potential trip
to a gleaming palace,
I'd rather take the trip on earth,
and fall right down like Alice
through a wonderland of hope and joy where light meets dark,
and dreams can spark the flames of creation,
where the fires of damnation
are no worry
and bitter hearts can fly,

and,

far be it from me to vomit on your beliefs,
but, when it's happiness or heaven, take this gun and tell me then,
that hedonism is a sin, that love needs a place to begin, that come rain or shine this life of mine is wrong,

All we have right now is this,
just, fucking this...

and if pain can be transformed to bliss,
then put me down for hugging ever person on the street,
sharing love with everyone I meet,
because if smiling uncontrollably can take the pain away from me,
then I'd like to take the pain away from you,

and if you think that I'm weird, then grow your hair and grow your beard,
put on some Hendrix and fall in love with the aesthetic of life...

So remember,

We're only psychedelic,
only here the once,
you're my future, then my present,
then my past and then you're gone...

No comments: