Thursday 23 July 2009

My life laid on a platter like minature pork-pies at some pretentious art show...

What to blog about? I have no idea. My minds gone a bit blank today. I think I might just blog about my failures and successes in life.



Everyone has felt failure. Everyone has felt success. Little few though actually reach for their dreams. And I'm not talking about dreams that say "Oh It would be cool to be in a band" or the such-like. I mean proper, actual dreams.



I've been thinking about my dreams lately and whether or not I actually wanted to achieve them. And it got me to thinking that actually, I do want my dreams. I started to think that my life would be worthless and useless if I didn't reach for them and achieve them.



In light of that I got thinking about what I'd actually like to do as a job. What I'd like to spend my adult life doing. And I came to the conclusion that I don't want to be doing a job like my parents.



They're both optometrists (opticians with a few more qualifications) and own their own business. And you know, that's good for them. But both of them have been driven by a need to provide for their family what they didn't necesarrily have as children.



Being frank I must admit that I'm greatful that they chose that path. In a way I've had an "easy" life (when it comes to money - forgetting all the dyspraxia and depression and what-not) and I guess that we've never had to worry about money as a family and y'a know, afford to go to Marks and Spencers and stuff like that. I must point out thought that I was never spoilt. My parents always tried to keep me down to earth. And I think they succeded. Through and through.



But like I said, I don't want to go down that path, of having a career and it being my life and earning lots of money and having nice things and you know, being "wealthy".



I've come to the conclusion that if I don't do something creative as a job then I'll go insane and end up slitting my wrists or something similar. And that would be bad.



Attention Deficit Disorder makes it impossible to even think of me in an office or anything that involves me being in a suit.



So here goes laying out my life plan on a platter for all to see.



There are only a few things that I want in my life (that I can think of, more may come to me as I type)



Here goes;




  1. A novel published - I have been thinking about this for a while now, and it's something that I always dreamed of, but I always dreamed in a way that was nothing more than dreaming. Now however, it's going to become a reality. I AM GOING TO PUBLISH AT LEAST ONE NOVEL BEFORE I DIE!

  2. Record a C.D. for commercial purchase - This is something that has always been a big part of my dream, I have been writing and composing music since I first started to play the piano at the age of 10. It's a big part of my life and my life is so much better when I'm composing. Not many of my songs get finished, but that's because I usually write the first verse, the chorus and the middle-8 or bridge and then all I need to do to finish the song is record it and repeat bits. I AM GOING TO RECORD A C.D. FOR COMMERCIAL PURCHASE BEFORE I DIE!

  3. Own a cottage in The Lake District - I took my first steps in The Lake District. Enough said? Thought not. I have been fell-walking in those mountains for years, and by years I mean all my life. At some periods (like right now) I've not been as frequently, but I still do it. And you know, I've never really imagined living anywhere else. Besides my parents house. It's strange. I know it's not just going to fall into my lap and that I'll have to save lots and lots of money to make it happen. But I'll save, and it WILL happen! I AM GOING TO LIVE IN A COTTAGE IN THE LAKE DISTRICT!

I am undecided as to what I want to make my career, music or writing, but if I could achieve just one of those as a career then I would be ecstatic. Doing both would be brilliant though. Difficult but brilliant.


So yeah. That's how my life is going to be, summed up in three simple points.


I can feel a kind of electricity in the air after writing all that. I can feel the fire of desire burning bright. Right at this moment I feel more productive than ever before. Right now I know I am going to reach far beyong the moon and stars. Right now I will live to work, not work to live.


I AM ALIVE!!!


Quote of the day: "A man is a success if he gets up in the morning and goes to bed at night and in between does what he wants to do." - Bob Dylan (so true)


Song of the day: Beirut - Scenic World

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Good luck; I am confident that you'll be able to achieve all you want to if you put your mind to it.