Friday 10 July 2009

The beat of a thousand drums, drumming on your soul...

I dance to the beat of a different drummer. This has always been true. Not because I want to, or because I think it's cool to be different. I don't think like that. It's just the way things turned out. The way things always were. Without trying I was different. To quote the film version of Prozac Nation - "They thought I was strange so they made me feel like a stranger."

Each day my drummer beats a different rhythm. A different pace. It's fantastic following my drummer and not somebody elses. I mean I'm fairly sure that somebody else must walk to the beat of my drum (Sam does in many respects) but I don't know anybody who walks to the beat of the drum that I walk to. And it's nice to have that solidarity. Sometimes I yearn for something different. Sometimes I yearn to follow the beat of everybody elses drum. But then I realise that that's never going to happen and that there is no point trying.

Today my drummer is beating a strange rhythm. An exciting rhythm non-the-less. It's started off slow and I can feel it slowly building, and I know it will rise toa cacophonous crescendo until I crash and burn, drunk, at god-knows what time tomorrow morning, after a brilliant night of BBQ-ing it up with my three best friends and my wonderful boyfriend.

From what I can tell this beat is going to be epic. The rise and fall of it's inevitable crescendos and decrescendos fluxuating with the rhythm of my heart to fill me wth an ecstatic feeling comparable to nothing. At least that's what I envisage it as.

I cannot wait.

xx

Quote of the day: Everything in moderation including moderation - Buddha

Song of the day: Poppiholla - Chicane (Remix of Hoppipolla by Sigur Ros)

No comments: