Tuesday 23 June 2009

Litha/Midsummer/20 years of Pagan Soc. and SOUL

So last night was the Litha/Midsummer/20 years of Pagan Soc. and Soul celebrations. They were fantastic. I met Jack, THE original member of Pagan Soc. and a few other former members. It was great to see how happy they all were with the continuation of the society.

To start with we had our faces painted by the lovely Mish. I was all artistic and blue, and yellow and sparkly silver. I had whirls on my cheeks and swirly stuff on the brow. She's an artist and a half. Once I'd seen it in the mirror it got me in the ritual mood. But that was nothing until she then brought out the ribbon and I had a green ribbon tied to my left wrist, a yellow ribbon to my right and a white one round my pony-tail. I had thoroughly good fun twirling round with them and that REALLY got me in the mood. Then we processed down to the bonfire where we honoured the different gods at the different trees. I honoured the local land-wights (sp?) because I've grown close to them over this past year for various reasons. Then for some reason I felt moved to give some kind of thanks to the other gods. It was weird. But I did it, because I felt the need. It was just a simple Wassail to Tyr, a Hail to Hecate, a Namastay to the generic eastern gods, that kind of thing, but it felt right. Then we placed things that we wanted to come to fruition in the wicker man and burnt it. I placed the first three pages of my novel (the only bit written so far) and a picture of a Microkorg Synth. Make of it what you will, but I won't go into the personal details. I also placed a feather in, because it felt right. Then we sumbel'd which was fun. It was the most natural sumbel I've ever done. I didn't have to think about anything. Not a single thing, it all came. Ok so the 4th round was the hardest, but it came to me in the end. Then we supped on food and drink (non-alcoholic in my case unfortunately) and sat around chatting about whatever we did actually talk about, because it was very random and not the kind of conversation you would necessarily remember due to the many twists and turns in it. But it was fun nonetheless. Then we, eventually, *rolls eyes* let the embers die down and decided to get going. I arrived home at god-knows what time, but I don't care. It was a fun night. Very. Fuck being tired at work. It was a celebration worth staying up for. Especially the tantalising gossip, which although I have yet to get more details of, was somewhat revealing.

That's all for now.

xx

Quote of the day:

"Listen" - Eric Clapton

No comments: